I have done the cut and trim route on a few cars. Never really quantified the savings just knew it was less and back then didnt have the cash to do anything else. We have converter a couple old GM cars to a rack but never tried it on a Mopar and not sure I want to here with the stock K anyway. If I go that far will just get rid of all of it. We do plan to go on a weight loss program with the usual stuff, holesaws where we can and not be noticeable, lightweight fasteners where possible, lighter wheels, stripping the layers of paint on it off, undercoating, lighter driveshaft, lighter seats, remove cage which is a mixture of moly and mild for all moly etc etc. Will be keeping all the glass, trim, horns, wipers and steel though. Just going to approach like a stocker build with some liberties. Woudl love to get it down to 3150-3200 with me in it and think we can get there. The aftermarket K is a consideration but as Sean pointed out I already have the stuff for a stock K in it. Well unless that pesky Hemi ends up in it in which is why I asked as no one seems to want it. In that case 3400 will be about all I can do without going crazy and still maintain "stock" sppearance.

"I am not ashamed to confess I am ignorant of what I do not know."

"It's never wrong to do the right thing"