Originally Posted by Al_Alguire
... just looking to try and drop some tonnage where I can. ... I have had an alterkation and dont like the front track being pushed out, at least like an A bodies is. I dont need this for any additional clearance for sure. Have a custom pan on it now and a set of custom headers that all work fine.... Maybe I should just start trimming and cutting away at the stock piece.

"Have a custom pan on it now and a set of custom headers that all work fine." That would be a big decision choice point if you started from scratch which would more justify the expense to be in-line with the benefits. If we consider how much lighter Doug's '64 is (3330 with 2 optima batteries) using a 125lb heavier block, there SHOULD be a fair amount of low hanging fruit to save weight? I'd bet trimming what you have AND converting to front coil-overs and leaving the factory steering would be only 25 lbs heavier than a full-tube/rack K kit. My fiberglass decklid saved over 50lbs there should be 50-60 lbs saving on a 'glass hood. ALL side windows and rear window/back glass can be done in lexan and still be functional and LOOK 'real'. (60? lbs) Your new cage/frame work might save 25lbs...for starters