Back in 1975, I found a B5 440-6 Challenger locally for sale about 10 miles from home - I recall the guy was asking $1300.00 for it, & talked my Dad into going to look at it with me. It was B5 blue with a white interior, & had the standard R/T scoopy hood. Now back then, I thought all hemi & 440-6 Cudas & Challengers got the shaker standard. I asked the guy why the car didn't have a shaker hood? He said he ordered it with the shaker but the car arrived at the dealer with the std. hood & a note from the factory that the shaker was not available at the time of build. We did not buy the car - it smelled really musty inside - my Dad said he thought the car had been in a flood.

I'll tell you, back around this time period when you went to look at a musclecar, most of them had already been run to death & were pretty ricky-racered - they were pretty clapped-out. One of the few cream puffs I looked at I bought in July 1976 - a 1970 Cuda 340 4-speed. The car just felt like it had been babied because it had. It was tight & solid, & drove like a dream. 44,000 miles. It was a little rusty at all 4 corners though - hey - Michigan winters.

IMG_1846.JPG

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified