Wow, thanks for the info yall.

ek3...I'll definitely check that out once I get some more specific info on the car.

The registry site/link won't open here at work, I'll have to try that later. I'm going to get the VIN and some pics of the car this weekend and post them on here next week.
Unfortunately he has misplaced the fender tag :(, but he has the build sheet. He does have the tag...somewhere. He's owned this car since the '80s and the original engine and trans had already been replaced before he got it.
After doing a little research, I'm going to double check on the hole in the firewall for the cable...which is still there, I just didn't pay it much attention the last time I saw the car. I also want to see if the hood has the crash/crumple zones in it. The entire shaker scoop and carburetor was stolen off the car when it was parked in the previous owner's yard. The original hood and trim ring has been restored/painted and is ready to go back on the car.
I'm currently building a replacement 440 for the car...a '72 HP 440 from a Charger. A basic rebuild w/ speed pro six pack pistons, a custom FAST style hyd. cam from Dwayne Porter, mildly worked 906 heads, stock HP manifolds, etc.

CHIP
'70 hemicuda, 575" Hemi, 727, Dana 60
'69 road runner, 440-6, 18 spline 4 speed, Dana 60
'71 Demon, 340, low gear 904, 8.75
'73 Chrysler New Yorker, 440, 727, 8.75
'90 Chevy 454SS Silverado, 476" BBC, TH400, 14 bolt
'06 GMC 2500HD LBZ Duramax