Originally Posted by davenc
SomeCarGuy, TJP,

Thanks for the input on what to look for inside. My time to work on this project is pretty intermittent due to other commitments but at this point opening the box up seems right.

TJP,

On the LCA I am observing play in the pivot just holding it in my hand. Watched some utube stuff (from a member here...Jim???) about play. He addresses play due to the separation between the sides of the LCA; this is not the cause for what I am seeing. On my LCA the play comes from the hole in the side of the LCA in which the pivot sits. I am assuming some play is normal just based on the basic design of these parts but was wondering if there is a way to judge normal.

The pivot to frame mating was tight when I disassembled it so I am assuming it will be good when torqued down after the car is back on its wheels.
m

If the suspension is freshly rebuilt, unloaded and things are not torqued, you may be chasing a ghost (your tail) as any play in the steering should be analyzed with the car as it will be when being driven beer