Part 2-Bill Mitchell Products (BMP) aluminum wedge block. Pre-machine shop observations.

1) Block comes with no cam bearings.
2) Lifter bushings need finish sizing. Brochure calls the bronze lifter bushings “semi-finished”. My lifter does not drop in.
3) Head bolt holes drilled 1.3” deep, threaded 1.15” deep (finger snug bolt).
4) Block comes with a nice rear seal retainer. Uses stock style seals (not included) See pic
5) Block comes with real ARP main studs, 1/2" dia. (Remember some of the early ~2009 World block studs?)
6) The BMP web site says the rear cam plug is threaded, but mine is a regular cup plug and so is the block (see hardware kit pic).
7) The BMP brochure says “Longer than stock head studs are required for the valley bolt holes”. But that is only the Hemi blocks.

If you measure the head bolt holes at the center, they are 1.34” deep at the tip of the drill bit.

From other racers and also my limited experience, have the following checked.
a) Check crankshaft line hone. Some racer’s reported OK, other’s needed minor touch-up (could have been their used crank)
b) Check distributor oil pump drive shaft bushing fit with oil pump drive shaft.
c) Check deck surfaces for square and equal height. OK for some, other’s said needed minor decking.

This is the hardware kit that was supplied with my block. I like the fact that the dowel pins (head, trans, timing cover) are NOT installed, in case you need to deck the block or use longer trans dowel pins for a midplate, etc.

It oils similar to the factory Chrysler blocks, except the lifter bores are bushed (with a 0.030” hole to each lifter). The oil flows from the oil pump across the front of the block to the right side lifter gallery. Then it flows to the rear and the oil crossover to the left side lifter gallery is different. The factory blocks have the top/rear external oil taps at an angle to the other lifter gallery. These BMP blocks have the top/rear holes going straight down (vertical), and a new crossover passage is cast/drilled from the left side horizontally to connect the vertical passages. See my green lines. I did put a piece of wire from the #5 main to the right side oil gallery (angled blue line), and that same hole in the main saddle has another hole drilled vertically up (yellow line) to oil the cam bearing.
There are more overall pictures in Part 1 of this topic if you didn’t see them. Part 1 - BMP block - Buying Parts

BMP_Block_hardware2-15.jpgWorld_oil_crossover-post.jpgBMP_RearSealRetainer4-20.jpg

1993 Daytona, 5.50 at 130mph (1/8) 1.19 sixty ft (PG). Link to 572 B1 - Part 1