Originally Posted by Mastershake340
For some reason, American car makers haven’t been able to build small cars profitably. The make bank on SUVs and trucks. I guess they are giving up on cars and focusing on SUVs and trucks. Time will tell if they made a smart move, or if they will come to regret giving up on cars.
I bought a Dart in 2014 and it’s been a great car. It has close to 100K miles and still has no rust even in this climate. I was laughing a few weeks ago when I saw news stories and videos about new Ford trucks that have rusty hardware and axles already. My Dart still is nice and clean underneath after many salty winters.
But my car gets no respect, American car makers built enough dogs over the years everyone assumes that any car they build will be a POS I guess.
I traded a 2008 Focus on the Dart, that car was the most trouble free car I’ve ever owned. The next generation Focuses had a terrible transmission though, so Ford apparently ruined that car’s reputation with that transmission.
For general driving around chores and commuting, I like a small economical car. I hope my Dart lasts forever because otherwise I may have to break down someday and do something I swore I’d never do, buy a Toyleta or Hyundai. bawling

LOL...I used to be in the same boat. Truthfully, once I bought a Toyleta, I will never go back to the other brands for daily drivers. 280K and still not a squeak or a rattle. None, zippo. I get that they are not all perfect, but when I see my buddies dealing with their GM garbage with virtually no miles (in comparison) I just laugh.

Never, ever argue with an IDIOT. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with their years of experience