I sure didn't , I grew up in an time when we would eagerly drive to all the dealers in the fall to see new and revised models. GM,Ford,and Chrysler seemed like giant america icons that would roll on forever building cars.
Obviously they still produce vehicles at least for now but for how much longer. GM now sells domestically Chevy: Corvette, Camaro to be discontinued , Malibu to be discontinued in 2022 and the Sonic production stopped. Buick has stopped selling all cars in the US. They only sell re-branded SUV's now . Cadillac is down to the CT5 and CT6 to be discontinued. Ford only sells the Mustang. Fusion production has stopped. Chrysler is down to the 300 with Dodge soldiering on with the Charger/Challenger. They say the market has shifted away from cars but Toyota still sells 300 K Camry's a year. Do they really think the kids riding around in the back of Toyotas are going to drive a Buick SUV' or even keep buying Ford trucks when they get older? I guess its just sad to see. Will the Corvette and Mustang be the only two soul surviving American cars 10 years from now. Time will tell! Hold on to your old cars as they truly are getting more special every day.