Originally Posted by Satilite73

Someone mentioned the electronics are gonna be the downfall of vehicles as they age. I'm running into this with my '93 Dakota. I understand parts can't be kept around forever, but, what is someone supposed to do 20-30 or more years down the road?

That's going to be another thing! Support!! With my '87 Daytona, the dealerships are useless for anything. All parts went NS1 years ago. The 80's cars are currently in no-man's land where the parent corp. no longer supports them and no aftermarket companies have bothered to take them under their wing. I guarantee you're going to start seeing GOOD examples of these cars rocket up in price very shortly. It's already begun. Hell, look at what a Pontiac Fiero is worth today!

But back to what I really wanted to comment about : my daily driver is a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon. Granted, at this point it's 17 years old, but the dealer again will have nothing to do with it in as far as parts go. I can't even get FLOOR MATS for the damned thing anymore. What's worse is that there ARE parts warehouses in Korea that stock a healthy variety of parts for these cars, but the dealership, since it's no longer obligated to support the car, flat out REFUSES to. My local dealer uses aftermarket parts from Lordco, Napa, etc. But then again, I don't know if it's just my local dealer that's staffed with idiots (which it is) or whether it's company policy. But in my mind.... the car isn't that old. You'd think parts would be available. I guess I should have bought spare floor mats when they were available.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....