Personally, I'm disgusted by the absolute useless garbage they ladle into cars today. Automatic Braking; Radar-Guided Cruise Control; One-button parallel parking..... Those are all the things a person should learn when driving. If they can't do those things: they shouldn't be driving!!! I refuse to pay money for something I'll never use.

I almost think we need something revolutionary. A modern Model T. Something that provides good, reliable, comfortable transportation at a reasonable price. It's no wonder there are fewer and fewer younger drivers: A) we've practically priced them OUT of the market. Anything older and *cool* is a small fortune; and anything modern and reliable is..... a small fortune. The average kid making minimum wage would have to save every penny he earned for 2-3 years to buy a used chunk of $hit.

I think we need to go back to crank windows; manual adjusted seats, manual steering. Hell, my first car was an '82 Honda Civic! It had all those things, a snippy little motor, 5 speed gearbox and ran for 2 weeks on $12 worth of gas. I think the federal regulations on cars too has choked them out of the market. Making something small and fuel efficient isn't going to be 5-star crash rated; hence the gigantic bro-dozers people drive today.

We need to get back to basics. Could you imagine the fuel economy of something like an '82 Civic with a MODERN, fuel-injected engine??? But some Ralph Nader / Karen type would complain "it's unsafe" and destroy any chance it had.

Agree with this 100%. My wife bought a new CRV last year. Has all of the whistles and bells. Lane departure, Honda safety sense, blah, blah, blah. I shut as much of the garbage off as I could. I DETEST the infotainment screen. ALL I WANTED TO DO WAS TURN THE AIR CONDITIONING ON...not set 47 different zones, modulate this, adjust that. I'm an engineer by trade and I 100% know what the first thing to fail will be. It would not be crank windows and manual seats. I wrote a letter to Honda asking them to bring back the 1999 CRV (which my daughter still has for a winter beater). The absolute pinnacle (in my opinion) of the vehicle. Simple...reliable.....no BS. Yes, the new one gets great gas mileage, but I can say that as soon as we creep up on the end of the warranty cycle, it will be gone.

Never, ever argue with an IDIOT. They will drag you to their level and then beat you with their years of experience