I use the CPAP and really didn't have a choice. I believe I was waking over 120X an hour according to the sleep center and I couldn't drive for more than 2 hours as I would just get exhausted. My uvuela had swelled to 2X the size from snoring and would fall across my airway and get stuck leading to waking up and freaking out until I could gulp some water to break it loose. Amazing what you can do(CPAP) when you have to. After 2 weeks, I loved the thing. Full mask and it would force my nasal passages open. I could actually breathe at night. My officemate had the surgery years ago. Liquid only diet for 2 months with mouth wired shut. For about 2-3 years afterwards he was good to go and losing weight from the diet helped a lot. He now has to use the CPAP despite the surgery. He has problems with it but only has the nose piece. I have found you can adjust the full face mask so it isn't that bad. Wierd things are you swallow and pressurize like you are under water. The mask will leak a little creating a "breeze" but I like air blowing on me anyhow. The wife tried the mask on for grins and said it was like having an Octopus stuck on her face. I imagine it is a bit like scuba. The air is blowing and you just need to get into a rythem with it.

67 Barracuda FB 69 Superbee "Southern Maryland: If you want a good looking woman, you had better bring her with you"