Thank you for the link to the maxcare warranty.

I guess when I said Jeep people think 4WD Wrangler. Sorry about that. To be a little more clear it is a 2WD Jeep Compass. 135K miles driven way to gentle by my wife. She is anything but an aggressive.

The front swaybar end links went bad and the rear upper control arm bushings too. What I called driveshaft was the front CV axle. It was mechanically fine, but had a small crack in the boot that started slinging grease.

The rear suspension has an upper control arm. Why I don't know because it has struts and could have been designed with out them. The bushings are about an inch in diameter. Way to small for the job.

I have never had a modern car have problems with the suspension until over 200K except for wheel bearings. Did my fair share of those. There is no reason this car should need those parts.

I have multiple older cars far more mileage and age, their suspensions are still all original except for my Stealth with performance struts and wider tires. It as more miles, hard miles, but the bushings and ball joints & drieshafts are still original.

If the car had been a wrecked POS I would have expected them to balk at it but FCA just turned it down without ever seeing the car. Dealer says it should be covered but they can't control what FCA will pay for.