Originally Posted by resqguy
You should never buy an extended warranty. They have huge margins for those that sell them, and there is a reason for that. I bought a Jeep back in 94 with a bumper to bumper warranty. The steering wheel hub fell off (before airbags) but since it fell off and didn't break - not covered. The steering damper failed at 13K miles - not covered because it is considered a normal wear and tear item. The final straw was a problem with the power windows. The wiring failed - again not covered. They covered the switch and the motor, not the wiring. I was able to cancel and get some of my money back.

I disagree. While extended warranties for most things aren't worth the money, a warranty for a vehicle is, especially the one sold by the manufacturer. You can't touch most repairs these days for less than $500-$1000 so 3-5 trips to the dealership for repairs more than pays for that $3000 warranty. And if your vehicle has all the fancy options and features then it's a no brainer. I've seen some audio head units costing upwards of $4000. Just read the warranty to know what is covered before you buy it.
You can also shop around for a warranty, you don't have to buy it from the selling dealer.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.