Originally Posted by madscientist
Originally Posted by clovis
I am pretty sure there is not a step at the base of the guide. I did use shims on the the springs to get my installed heights, and both inner and outer springs are sitting on them.

I have read most everything I can get my hands on regarding the geometry issues and the math involved including
the B3 articles. I have done the math for the correction, then mocked up what I calculated and I was able to get the scrub to .040 (.031 is the theoretical best). Since, for my situation that translates into only .150 of increased height and no real offset, I have checked with a machinist about making the spacers.

You can’t just shim the shafts up. You have to shim them up and away from the valve. Not sure what math you are using, but there is no way you can lift the shaft .150 and not move it away from the valve.

I would call Mike and talk to him. No offense, but you already have issues so evidently you don’t understand what you are doing. Why keep having issues? It’s a phone call.

an for what Mike charges it is a bargain !!!!

1968 Charger COLD A/C Hilborn EFI
512ci 9.7 compression, Stealth heads, 4.10 gear A518 ODtrans 4100lb,10.93 full street car trim
2020 T/A 392 Stock 11.79 @ 114.5