You determine how much P to V clearances you like shruggy
I've ran as little as .030 on the intakes and .060 on the exhaust accidently on my old NHRA M.W. Stocker after having the heads milled to NHRA blue print specs without thinking about rechecking the P to V clearances. That motor had its tongue out around 6400 RPM shruggy I'm thinking back then NHRA only allow stock Mopar valve springs specs. which were 110 Lbs. on the seats and and right at 300 Lbs. at .509 lift on both valves. I never had a bent valve or any evidence of valve hitting the pistons, I did see a lack of carbon build up on some of the pistons on the exhaust valve sides of those pistons with stock rods which had some of the pistons closer to the heads than others shock
I know many good SO CA Mopar engine builders that recommended .060 P. to V. clearances on the intakes and .080 on the exhaust on automatic tranny cars, .080 on the intakes and .100 on the exhaust side with stick shift cars back then with stock valve spring pressures shruggy
I'm good with .060+ on both valves with todays roller cams and valve springs twocents shruggy
Let me throw another rock into the pond on this discussion on P to V clearances with a solid lifter cam compared to a solid roller cam with the same specs and same LSA, I've seen a lot more P to V clearances on solid roller cams than with the same size solid lifter cams shock
My message is to make sure you check every motor for P to V clearnces on both sides of the motor and make sure and verify TDC on your balancer and degree wheel when setting the cam intake lobe center or verifying the LSA on your cam, check both the intake and exhaust lobes scope up
I've had more than one cam not be ground on the LSA that was stamped on the cam and cam card puke

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 11/21/20 09:33 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)