To the OP, I'm not surprised. I have been using FedEx since 2002 & send all my domestic packages via them, mostly all without a hitch - sounds like I have been lucky. Multiple things I notice, is they will charge a rural address delivery fee at their own discretion - it adds either $3.65 (DAS Resi), or $4.65 (DAS Extended Resi), PLUS Fuel Surcharges on every shipment. I'm looking at a bill right now - two packages going to the same customer in CA - one is $3.15, the other is $1.44 for the fuel surcharges. Stuff like this adds up to MILLIONS of dollars for them every year, & I guarantee you they can "justify" all their charges. UPS & FedEx are monopolies basically. Other thing that really burns me is the way they handle (or don't handle) claims that are over $100.00. If they damage something & your claim is over $100.00, it's not their fault - no matter what. It's YOUR fault - "improper packaging." If you Google this, you'll find they do it to everybody. If you don't agree with them, you can pound sand. THEY DO NOT CARE!

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified