Originally Posted by A/MP
Anyone have a reasonable combo for a drive to the track, race and drive back? Was at the track on Sunday talking to and getting beat by factory cars running high 10's low 11's. I'd prefer to keep it as old school as possible Thanks

I can give you my old pump gas combination that ran a bunch of 10.00 in my Duster that weighed 3450 lb. with me in it with the air cleaner on through the 3.0 inch exhaust with Magnaflow 7x14 inch oval muffs with 3.0 inch inlet on the sides with center exit mounted at the rear bumper.
It was a 1976 400 block stroke to 4.300 with a 4.375 bore, 6.800 long CAT BB Chevy type rods, Ross dished pistons that had 10.78 to 1 compression with Indy SR max wedge heads with 76.00 CC chambers. That combination had a Indy 400-3 intake with several different Holley 1050 CFM Dominator carbs. on it that I tested. The best power it made that way was 727 HP on Oregon 92 octane non ethanol pump swill devil
I had the motor moved back right at one inch based on the trans cross member using a set of elephant ears on the front with a stock type trans mount elongated on the rear to allow me to slide it, the motor and trans, back one inch wrenchdevil
That car had ladder bars with coil overs for the rear suspension with a set of double adjustable Strange 15 inch extended coil overs, narrowed Dana 60 with a spool,35 spline axles and 4.10 stock Dana gears.
Stock 1971 Duster front suspension with six cylinder torsion bars and a set of Koni SPA1 front shocks.
That car would hook up in a mud puddle during a rainstorm boogie whistling AKA aside it worked real well on M/T ET street bias ply tires on the street as well good on M/T ET Street Drag Radials on a good track, 1.42 best 60 Ft ,I think work CRS disease whiney
The ET Street Radials didn't work good at all on the street or on a marginal track down whiney shruggy
I put around 3500 miles on that car on the street and hundreds of passes on it at different tracks before trading it off towards my current S/P car, it was a lot of fun and exceeded all of my expectations up boogie
IHTHs luck

Last edited by Cab_Burge; 10/01/20 09:17 PM.

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)