That rule has no noise, decibels limits, numbers associated with it so how can they enforce it? scope
Do you or are you willing to attend the town meetings to voice your opinion as a tax payer and voter in that town?
My Duster had a set of 14x7x 3.0 side inlet with center outlet Magnaflow muffs mounted at the rear bumpers that had very little affect on its ET and MPH in the 1/8 mile, 7.01 with the system on at 95.3 MPH and 6.99 at 95.5 MPH with the complete system removed shruggy
I never tested it at a 1/4 mile track but I think it might have had a similar impact, maybe more, maybe less confused
I bought a hand held decibel meter like NHRA uses when they implemented their 95 DB rules a long time ago, I still have it. If I was you I would beg,borrow or buy one and use it at your property line with the noisy car running having someone rev it up some and then measure the normal noise level with traffic going by and see if your cars are as noisy or more than the regular traffic. I'm sure the lawyer you pick could use that information to help represent you and maybe get the police on your side luck
I had a neighbor who moved out to the desert after he retired that hated my wife chicken feathers blowing into his yard, he hated the wife horse and hated the pigs we raise to eat, he also hated motor cycles, which we had several off road bike for our kids and my self. Our property was rated rural residential agriculteral (SP?) so we where not in trouble with the codes. He would call the law a lot and the cops, sheriffs, CA Highway Patrol would come out and talk to me, I finally told one of the sheriffs the next time they came out to our house on one of his call I would remove my fence between our property and his yard, I ask them to tell him that and I never had another visit from them or any other law enforcement agencies stirthepot devil scope
Vengeance is sweet when serve hot or cold boogie

Mr.Cab Racing and winning with Mopars since 1964. (Old F--t, Huh)