Originally Posted by Clanton
Why not meet the db requirement like NHRA has or if you can find a factory spec from MRP like 50db at 30feet at 3k rpm.
Originally Posted by jcc
Drop the unconstitutional" claim, its a worn out overused political catcall of the times, and IMO in your case, not valid.

The requirement for a muffler to reduce to a minimum, is only achieved by stopping the engine, however the legal expenses to prevail against that requirement in court, ais likely rather expensive,
My lawyer always said he would defend me until my last dollar, so there is some hope eyes

Adding mufflers is the min your should do to resolve, but it seems like your relationship with your neighbor is forever tainted, no matter what you do, sadly.

Because that won’t fix the issue. Who says NHRA noise levels are applicable to any local principality.

I have been there, done that back in 2014. I looked up the law, all the laws applicable to noise, mufflers etc, AND looked up all the case law and then went to court. I then SMOKED them in court.

I suspect as long as the car is equipped with AUTOMOTIVE mufflers he can fight in court and win. But the OP needs to do the research on all the laws.

Just because you think it won't make it true. Horsepower is KING. To dispute this is stupid. C. Alston