Originally Posted by Satilite73
Originally Posted by BSharp
One thing I've noticed about mattress-only stores: go in at any random time, and I'll bet you're the only customer in the store. The markup has to be huge just to keep the lights on. Most people probably buy cars more often than mattresses.

So, how do you explain mattress-only stores being right across the street from each other? Or so many being in one general area? I don't mean competitors I mean the same company. shruggy

I went to a mattress only store when I purchased my mattress in 2019. Two sales people in the store, one doing a crossword, the other watching something on their phone. They almost seemed surprised by me walking in. They actually were quite helpful, and with their help, I made my decision. Of course, they didn't have it in stock, but they checked to see if another store had it. The 'other' store was literally just across the intersection, I could see it from the showroom I was standing in. shock

In my case though, I've been happy with my purchase.

"JC Penney is broke and filed bankruptcy, do you really expect to get anything out of them? Do you really think they really care about customer service when they probably won't be around after the 1st of the year?"

I gotta agree with poorboy on this. Our local JCPenny is circling the drain now. A lot of stuff is marked down 50% or more. frowwn

Other thing I've noticed around here for many years is how mattress stores go OOB ALWAYS - sometimes they are lucky enough to stay open for a few years, then they go away.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified