I just spent the last hour on the phone with JCP customer service - 4 ladies, 2 of them supervisors. Basically, I'm being told to pound sand.

Here's the quick story - I'm wondering how you all would handle this:

My daughter picked out a Serta mattress in July at our local store, & they had to order it in from Serta - about a 4 week wait. We paid for it in full plus the delivery fee. I paid with a check.

Mattress gets delivered on 9/5 finally, & it's REALLY firm - the one in the store was a "plush" - very nice & soft. So it's not even close to what she wanted - why do we all go test out a bunch of mattresses at stores in the fist place? To pick out the one that feels the best to us right? So we went back to our same store & told them what was going on & checked out the floor model again - world of difference (the one at the store WAAAAAY softer). They said we would have to pay the $85.00 delivery fee again, plus a 15% re-stocking fee, then we would get the balance of the refund, & could re-order & pay up-front again.

In talking with corp. customer service, they are upholding this policy - no bending. My thinking is someone somewhere messed-up, & we just want the CORRECT mattress & I shouldn't have to pay a dime. The final lady we talked with at corp was a supervisor. She said "I can't test out the mattress to see if it's firm compared to the one in the store." I then suggested I'll load the mattress in my pickup & take it to the store & let them verify that - she said "you can't do that." (so we're basically living in a virtual reality world now).

Anyway, I know what I'm thinking for the next step here - just want to see how y'all would handle this. I think this runaround I'm getting from JCP is absolutely unacceptable.

No Man With A Good Car Needs To Be Justified