Originally Posted by jbc426
I was running a locked-out MSD Pro-billet distributor on my RB. I swapped it out with one of the recently released Progressive Ignition bluetooth programmable distributors. With some guidance from AndyF, I ended up with my own custom ignition table that lets the motor crank at a low timing setting, but as soon as it starts the timing goes to 34* by 750 rpm.

The reason I switched was to add the adjustable vacuum advance to my set-up. Now, at cruising RPM I have 44* total. Attached is an example of one of the tables I tried before settling on what I just described. It's for illustrative purposes only. The numbers in the left colum are MAP readings, which account for atmospheric pressure.

Essentially, it gives me start retard, locked-out timing and vacuum advance. It also lets me see what the timing is doing in real time and make changes on my cell phone. So far everything is working flawlessly.

That looks good to me. That table gives you everything you wanted. The programmable distributor is another option for Tony if he doesn't want to move all the way to EFI at the moment. Glad to hear that solution is working for you.