Originally Posted by RWG75
Originally Posted by larrymopar360

Recently removed headlight molding, grill, and headlights from my '79 Power Wagon. Not one single piece of plastic involved. Just a bunch of metal screws and metal pieces. What a pleasant experience. Same goes for removing the door panels to grease up some internal parts. Metal clips, screws, bolt for handle and window crank. So nice.

There is plastic nuts where the headlight bezel attaches to the grille but how often do ya ever take that apart and not like it falls apart when ya do. It's the plastic nut in the head light adjusters that make me wanna kill. Pretty much identical to the M body ones and ya may have noticed how the cheap aftermarket replacements break while yer installing them. Dunno where I picked up this trick but nylon licence plate nuts make great replacements.
I do have some NOS headlight adjusters that I'm going to replace soon on my Power Wagon. I should have done it when I had the grill off to clean, but time ran out. The low beams are dead on so I'm not in a hurry, but they do need replacing, and high beams are off adjustment. The originals seem to last a very long time. I have NOS wiper bushings too. Hopefully they aren't brittle. I had some that were. I have also found some aftermarket stuff to be crap (two years) so maybe I need some new ones if they are still in production.

Facts are stubborn things.