Originally Posted by AlexP
Originally Posted by Doright
Please help new to all this new Hemi stuff Im Old school type used to my old BB's

Any way I bought a Jeep Commander that dropped a Valve seat, I got it out today and got it all torn down to get it off to my machinist to bore the block.
The LH Head is trashed #7 Intake seat took the plunge and fell taking out the cylinder head and the Piston the Block will clean up.

You would be better off running those eagles on a stock 6.1 block or a built motor with custom pistons.

I've got 5.7 ported eagles on a 6.1 block with 6.1 head gaskets for 11.25:1 and a 219/231 cam. Should be over 500 hp with my stock 6.1 intake.

Simple will work best for you. This isn't the right combo for eagles. A cam only 5.7 with stock heads will do what you want.

I repeat my prior question:
DOESN'T HIS CAR HAVE EAGLE HEADS TO START WITH?

It is a 2010. My understanding is that the 5.7 got Eagle heads starting in 2009. They are not some exotic thing, they were an upgrade. He doesn't have an early Gen3. Eagles should be the stock head from 2009 up. I don't see how this isn't the right combo when they are the factory head. I also don't understand the agita about compression ratio. If I am wrong, please educate me.

Last edited by FK5; 07/10/20 03:05 PM.