Originally Posted by Doright
Please help new to all this new Hemi stuff Im Old school type used to my old BB's

Any way I bought a Jeep Commander that dropped a Valve seat, I got it out today and got it all torn down to get it off to my machinist to bore the block.
The LH Head is trashed #7 Intake seat took the plunge and fell taking out the cylinder head and the Piston the Block will clean up.

So now with the questions

The MDS solenoids where destroyed removing them no big deal as I want to get the Kit that eliminates it.
I plan to buy a Cam and lifters after what I just read about the lifters failing in between 30k-120k. mine have 194K I think they are done lol. Suggestions?????

I would go 6.1 SRT non mds or hellcat lifters. Stay oem and avoid the seedy aftermarket replacement offerings. On the cam, I would go with a 212/212 on a 115 in a 5.7. It will idle with a stock tune, but you'll need a programmer to eliminate mds.

The heads I have and will be running are a set of Eagles already rebuilt and I have my eye on a set of long tube headers any cam suggestions for a Truck? planning Hiway and 4x4 ing mostly.
Arguing with my son as which head gaskets to buy as well I say at least a .075" thick he wants me to stick with a .030" I know these heads will increase my compression but I dont know how much?

You will be at 13:1 with this set up. I would run early 03-08 heads cut .030 instead of the eagles for this one. You'll have an intake mis match if you run eagles on a stock style intake and you'll have to run adapters.

I am also looking for a Good Rod and Piston combo. Forged pistons with Good I beams or H beams any suggestions without breaking the bank Strong is what I want????

You don't need rods and pistons at this level. Up to about 550 you're fine. If you really wanted you could get a set of Modern muscle drop in rods and pistons but its completely not needed.

This is gonna be a Hotrod truck NOT a race car and will never see a track and never be raced just Hiway Dirt roads some hill climbing crawling threw rocks 4x4ing maybe some Mud once in a while..
I want longevity and reliability with a Boost in power is what I am looking for oh and I don't have to worry about passing smog!. 400hp on pump gas???? is that doable? is there more there naturally aspirated with these heads?

The stock motor with just a cam will make 375rwhp. So you've already beat your number at the crank. If anything, the hyper pistons will work better long term for you and not eat the bore up like a 2618 forging would. You've got a 300cfm head out of the box. You don't need head porting for this.
I just want it to live a LOOONG time and make respectable power.

You would be better off running those eagles on a stock 6.1 block or a built motor with custom pistons.

I've got 5.7 ported eagles on a 6.1 block with 6.1 head gaskets for 11.25:1 and a 219/231 cam. Should be over 500 hp with my stock 6.1 intake.

Simple will work best for you. This isn't the right combo for eagles. A cam only 5.7 with stock heads will do what you want.

My Build thread: Let the hemi swap begin!

1968 wanna be pro touring whatchamacallit with some fancy stuff and a new roof skin.