Originally Posted by Guitar Jones

Did I ever tell you about the time I was clocked at 142 on the FL turnpike by FHP? Yeah his car would only do 137. Man he was pissed when I got off and he caught up to me. laugh2

Some years back I was out in the sticks near the house coming back from a boneyard. Rollin up on the speed timing marks painted on the street something told me to back it down even though the locals are rarely sitting there. Maybe end of the month, dunno. As I was approaching the speed trap some pyscho bird dive bombed me and bounced off the windshield and scared the hell out of me. I made a quick check to make sure it wasn't bouncing around in the bed because rear slider open then hammered the loud pedal - completely forgetting about the speed trap.

I was probably a mile down the road and only slowing down because of a corn field corner when I saw the local yocal screaming up behind me like Krispy Kreme had just turned their light on. Dove in to a convenient pull off in front of a barn to get outta the way because hadn't put 2 and 2 together yet. If this guy had been any more pissed, he would have pulled his gun. I mean having a full on melt down.

I was driving my LRE and probably had the TQ wide open when I passed him.