Moparts

I think this will be my last day at work

Posted By: Guitar Jones

I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 02:45 PM

So tired of everything, not just here at work or in Florida but the entire country. I need to get away for my own sanity. I'm filing for social security tonight when I get home. I have an appointment with a realtor on Monday to put my house on the market. I'll just take what I can get so I can head for the hills where I can live in peace and off the grid if necessary.
Posted By: skicker

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 02:53 PM

up

Totally jealous...I'm just not quite there yet... work
Posted By: bigdad

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 02:58 PM

I've had the very same thoughts recently ..
Posted By: wingman

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 03:02 PM

Turn off the news and get off the internet. Focus on your own life and the people around you. Amazing how your attitude and outlook will improve.

Enjoy your time off!
Posted By: FM3AAR

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 03:04 PM

Retired a little over 2 years ago. Love it. Wished I had gone earlier. thumbs

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 03:05 PM

I'm going to send this to my boss, he's on vacation. laugh2
Posted By: moparx

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 03:24 PM

don't let anybody kid ya when they say : "every day is a saturday when you are retired". it's more like a monday ! laugh2
you will have so much to do you will wonder where and how you found time to go to work !
i speak from experience !!! biggrin boogie
beer
Posted By: 3hundred

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 03:28 PM

I have 13 months to go to full retirement. Between the Covid BS and the boss been thinking of bailing out early anyway. Haven't figured out where to go yet, looking for a mild climate and low taxes, prefer a high desert area I think. 50 years of Texas summers have worn on me. One winter in Wisconsin was enough for me, I was 17 in 1972, the memory is strong.

Anyway, I am envious, best of luck to you!
Posted By: savoy_63

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
So tired of everything, not just here at work or in Florida but the entire country. I need to get away for my own sanity.

Guitar, congrats on retirement...

Just curious why you’re tired of Florida and want to leave.? Most of my peers in New York State see Florida as a utopian destination for retirement or to start a new life to escape crushing taxes, a corrupt government, rising crime, neutered police, and of course, lousy weather.
Posted By: tboomer

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 03:46 PM

Good luck Jones! Will Doc be tagging along? wave
Posted By: Anonymous

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 03:54 PM

I'll just take what I can get so I can head for the hills where I can live in peace and off the grid if necessary.

I hear that and not entirely surprised that yer corona vacation in the sticks triggered this response. Get a chest freezer and find the old time butcher shop. They can be tough to find but ya can get crazy deals on beef in bulk. Stock up on other stuff and screw how deep the snow gets.
Posted By: Mastershake340

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 03:55 PM

Most appropriate theme song ever! beer

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by moparx
don't let anybody kid ya when they say : "every day is a saturday when you are retired". it's more like a monday ! laugh2
you will have so much to do you will wonder where and how you found time to go to work !
i speak from experience !!! biggrin boogie
beer

I have been working every Saturday and was off on Mondays. laugh2

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by savoy_63
So tired of everything, not just here at work or in Florida but the entire country. I need to get away for my own sanity.

Guitar, congrats on retirement...

Just curious why you’re tired of Florida and want to leave.? Most of my peers in New York State see Florida as a utopian destination for retirement or to start a new life to escape crushing taxes, a corrupt government, rising crime, neutered police, and of course, lousy weather.

It may indeed be utopia compared to NY! laugh2 But you answered the question for me. Too many people have moved here and they keep coming. When I was young most of Florida was very rural. Now it's just endless subdivisions of houses with zero lot lines, horrible traffic and constant construction because as soon as they have finished a project it's already outdated. There are a few places left but those are quickly being built as well. I don't like it, I prefer a rural life style.

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by tboomer

Bwahahaha! Um, NO! laugh2

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by RWG75
I'll just take what I can get so I can head for the hills where I can live in peace and off the grid if necessary.

I hear that and not entirely surprised that yer corona vacation in the sticks triggered this response. Get a chest freezer and find the old time butcher shop. They can be tough to find but ya can get crazy deals on beef in bulk. Stock up on other stuff and screw how deep the snow gets.

That's the plan. There is a farm about 12 miles away sells Angus beef and pork at $3.50/pound as it hangs. They butcher it and package it for that price as well. And of course there are white tail deer all around there. You don't need a license to hunt on your own land.

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 04:35 PM

Perfect! Thanks guys!
Posted By: MONC

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 05:07 PM

Wish I could do the same !

Any ideas of which hills you'll be heading for ?
I've been looking farther north in the woodsy areas. I don't want to hear a lawn mower , leaf blower or see a power line !

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by MONC
Wish I could do the same !

Any ideas of which hills you'll be heading for ?
I've been looking farther north in the woodsy areas. I don't want to hear a lawn mower , leaf blower or see a power line !

We bought a 150 year old farmhouse on 15 acres in the middle of nowhere WV last year.
Posted By: Ramrod39

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 06:46 PM

Great idea, GJ! Get the hell out of the rat race. Take wingman's advice and dump the news also. It mostly crap designed to upset and anger these days anyway. I'm "supposed" to be working for another 6 months or so, but I'm easing my way out now, only working 15 - 20 a week these days, with the option of declining any job I don't want.

Make the break. I bet you will never regret it!
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 06:55 PM

Lots of people living off the grid in Eastern Arizona. Tin foil hat wearin, black helicopter people, you name it.
Posted By: justinp61

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 10:15 PM

Good luck. I've never lived anywhere but a rural area and don't honestly think I'd cut it in a subdivision. Two more years and I'm retiring, I've had enough of these 12 hour swing shifts.

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Ramrod39
Great idea, GJ! Get the hell out of the rat race. Take wingman's advice and dump the news also. It mostly crap designed to upset and anger these days anyway. I'm "supposed" to be working for another 6 months or so, but I'm easing my way out now, only working 15 - 20 a week these days, with the option of declining any job I don't want.

Make the break. I bet you will never regret it!

Good luck to you too short timer.! I wasn't planning it this way but I've been working on getting out and trying to do it the best way possible. Last night I was pretty down, it's just me and my one dog here. I'm depressed, she is depressed, I'm not making much money, covid cases are rising sharply, bad. So this morning when I woke up I decided screw it, why am I here? laugh2 I didn't tell my boss yet, just sent him the song. Haven't heard from him...
I really enjoyed my time up there. Now I just miss my wife and the other two dogs, along with the peace that comes with living there. I'm wasting time standing here, I gotta go.

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by dart4forte
Lots of people living off the grid in Eastern Arizona. Tin foil hat wearin, black helicopter people, you name it.

I don't think I could live in a desert. My wife lived in El Paso for 18 years, I just don't think I could do it.

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/19/20 11:49 PM

Originally Posted by justinp61
Good luck. I've never lived anywhere but a rural area and don't honestly think I'd cut it in a subdivision. Two more years and I'm retiring, I've had enough of these 12 hour swing shifts.

I've worked 10-12 hours a day all my life. Many weeks were 6 days a week. I'm done with that, I'm not the machine I used to be.
Posted By: topside

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 12:14 AM

Go for it. Best thing I ever did for my sanity was retire. A combination of things, partially dumb luck, means I'm actually putting $ in the bank every month.
I've always lived within my means - raised by parents who went through the Depression & WW2 - and outside of my cars, have few expenses.
I generally manage to stay pretty busy, still catching up on things I wanted to get done years ago.
Mainly though, the less BS in your life, the better - and healthier - you'll be.
The BS and propaganda on TV included.
Posted By: srt

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 02:01 AM

All I can add is once you make your mind up don't look back or second guess yourself.
I did it back in '08 at youngish 51. Been loving it.
In your situation I might recommend decide where you want to go and rent to get the lay of the land.
Then, when the bottom falls out of housing in a couple years get the best place you can.
I did it in '12 because I was not going anyplace in '07 instead I put a new roof high end windows, kitchen and bath remodel and went on a 2.5 yr search for the right place.
Bought in '12 and kept old place empty for 2 yrs and sold it, paid off the new place that was nicer than last place and started doing the same repairs.
Believe it or naught you and I are more of the same cut than you'd think. Sure I post some provoking to downright insightful stuff, but anyone that listens to Robert Earl Keen is o.k in my book.
Posted By: Fat_Mike

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 02:58 AM

I spent my career in the military. When I was nearing retirement eligibility, it was common for the "old timers" to tell you "you'll know when it's time." Sounds to me like you're ready. Congratulations! You'll enjoy it...
Posted By: BH27G1B

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 03:28 AM

After working 34 years outside in construction, I was sick of the winters, and working 10 hrs daily beside driving 2-3 hrs each way 6 days a week to the jobsites. At 60, 13 years ago, I decided to retire and not "grind" out another 5-10 years. You can do what you want when you want, that's the beauty of it. Plus, retire as early as you can, while you have your health. Hope you enjoy your retirement !
Posted By: cudatom

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 03:40 AM

So tired of everything, not just here at work or in Florida but the entire country. I need to get away for my own sanity. I'm filing for social security tonight when I get home. I have an appointment with a realtor on Monday to put my house on the market. I'll just take what I can get so I can head for the hills where I can live in peace and off the grid if necessary.

Good for you. I did the same on May 1st, two weeks shy of 59. Just couldn't stand living out if a hotel 180-210 days a yr anymore. We bought a condo in Florida 2 yrs ago to live in in the winter and be by the grandkids. Everything is paid off.

Never plan on leaving Ohio full time our winters aren't bad, no flooding, forest fires or earthquakes to deal with. Hell we haven't even had a hail storm where I live in 8 yrs. I have 8 drag strips within 2 hrs. So late spring thru late fall we will be in Ohio.

Just find a place you enjoy that has the activities you like and best of luck.
Posted By: dOrk !

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 04:13 AM

I don't think I could live in a desert. My wife lived in El Paso for 18 years, I just don't think I could do it.

How about a little CITY LIFE ... and live like a KING ?

KING of CHOP ! wave
Posted By: poorboy

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 04:24 AM

Oct 2018 was the date for me. I did some light work limited to 3-4 hours a day, Mon-Fri (I was self employed) for another year after that, and I still might do a few little things for a quick buck or two once in a while, but mostly I'm just working on my own stuff. I really like telling people I won't do their stuff any more.
My wife retired before I did, life is good. I recommend everyone do it as soon as you can, don't fall for that "full retirement" BS. Retire while your health is good and you can enjoy it. Gene
Posted By: gtx6970

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 04:52 AM

Retirement is close for me as well.

Actually 20 months from right now
Posted By: Jjs72D

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 05:42 AM

I thought that you moved out of state to a rural area within the last year. Am I thinking of someone else here?
Congrats to you either way.

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by Jjs72D
I thought that you moved out of state to a rural area within the last year. Am I thinking of someone else here?
Congrats to you either way.

We bought a place but hadn't moved there permanently yet.
Posted By: GarageDodge

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 11:15 AM

good luck and enjoy.
Posted By: 360view

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 11:33 AM

I'm filing for social security tonight when I get home. I have an appointment with a realtor on Monday to put my house on the market. I'll just take what I can get so I can head for the hills where I can live in peace and off the grid if necessary.

Why not start a new self employed job putting 5.7 V8s and/or manual transmissions into older Dakotas and Rams, working at your own pace?

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 11:40 AM

Originally Posted by 360view
I'm filing for social security tonight when I get home. I have an appointment with a realtor on Monday to put my house on the market. I'll just take what I can get so I can head for the hills where I can live in peace and off the grid if necessary.

Why not start a new self employed job putting 5.7 V8s and/or manual transmissions into older Dakotas and Rams, working at your own pace?

I'm not sure there would be much demand for that in the sticks of WV, but I do expect to do some work out of my garage. There is only one repair facility in the area and that guy is ready to retire.
Posted By: 67SATisfaction

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by 360view

I'm not sure there would be much demand for that in the sticks of WV, but I do expect to do some work out of my garage. There is only one repair facility in the area and that guy is ready to retire.

..been following this thread and just wanted to add my voice to the well wishers and say WELL DONE YOU. up
What a great opportunity to hang it up and do what you want..
Enjoy it!
- Art
Posted By: DaveRS23

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 12:45 PM

People will drive a good distance for the right item anymore. That's one thing the internet is good for. Just yesterday, a guy drove several hours to buy a piece of machinery we had for sale. And my son drove 7 hours round trip for a lift.

The right thing at the right price will allow you to sell from almost anywhere. Maybe even from WV.

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 01:20 PM

I spent the last few years of my working life loading cereal in to semi trucks. Skipping over the longer back story, I'll just say it was about a low stress way of not living out of pocket until I reached "retirement age". As it was pretty mindless I recall spending a lot of my time doing mental math about when I could afford to hang it up and eventually wondering why I hadn't yet.

Best answer I could come up with was the medical benefits that I wasn't using but felt better having and setting a goal of perfecting my zen. Having always taken my job seriously and often too much so, I attempted to dedicate myself to not giving a damn. Show up, punch clock, load truck, be blissfully ignorant of the stupidity around me. My idea of self improvement.

I did make some progress toward that goal but ultimately failed. They hired a four star clown as a shift supervisor and I let him rub me the wrong way instead of ignoring him until they accepted their mistake and fired him. As I was being walked out of the building for gross insubordination I made the decision that the universe was trying to tell me something and that I was going to listen. I find it entertaining that the jerk actually hid his truck somewhere other than the employee parking lot before making his move.

A couple years out of pocket before dipping in to the retirement fund early hasn't broken me. I did find myself being too stressed about the personal projects I had scheduled for myself so I spent 6 months or so focused entirely on NetFlix. I threw my wrist watch in the trash and most days I'm seriously not sure what day of the week it is. When I feel like working on something I do. When I feel like going a place I go. I've occasionally given consideration to doing side things that might put some coin in my pocket but ya know what, I've got enough things to keep me busy or not and screw dealing with somebody else's expectations - regardless of how low they may be.

As for Lynryd Skynyrd: Call me the Breeze.
Posted By: dart4forte

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 01:58 PM

It’s not desert, elevation varies 6000 to 7000 feet. Winters it snows. Area is about 75 to 100 miles from NM.
Posted By: 71rm23

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 02:17 PM

Congrats Jones and good luck. When you say "head for the hills", if you think about it, old Ted Kazynski(?) had a pretty good thing going. That is, except mailing off bombs and stuff. Just saying smile

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 02:26 PM

Congrats! Good luck and enjoy your retirement.
Posted By: larrymopar360

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 03:19 PM

Now that's funny!

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 03:31 PM

Congrats Guitar! God Bless ya for making it there! You too RWG!

My biggest need and desire is not so much to not work anymore, but to get away from people. The nastiness, the entitlement, the lack of consideration, the lack of common sense, the entitlement (worth mentioning twice). I feel like if I could close all my blinds, turn the ringers off my phones, and not have to talk to anyone and solve anyone's petty problems or take any of their nastiness for a year, I might be able to work another five.

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 03:51 PM

Thanks for all the well wishes everyone. I am feeling better already. Planning on getting ready to start moving some more stuff.
Posted By: ChryCoGuy

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 04:39 PM

Congrats, man, you worked hard your entire life and you deserve it.

As for world events, it does a body good to just turn off the news and stay away from the internet for awhile. The world has gone crazy, but it's not crazy everywhere and it doesn't have to follow you around in your personal life. Focus on what makes you happy and forget the other stuff. twocents

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 05:19 PM

Originally Posted by larrymopar360
Congrats Guitar! God Bless ya for making it there! You too RWG!

My biggest need and desire is not so much to not work anymore, but to get away from people. The nastiness, the entitlement, the lack of consideration, the lack of common sense, the entitlement (worth mentioning twice). I feel like if I could close all my blinds, turn the ringers off my phones, and not have to talk to anyone and solve anyone's petty problems or take any of their nastiness for a year, I might be able to work another five.

Here's the hole in yer theory: a year away from all that crap will just make you that much less willing to expose yerself to it again. I mean the OP bugged out for a few months and look what that lead to.
Posted By: second 70

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 05:50 PM

Good idea. Why cut retirement short? Everyday you work will be one less day in retirement.

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 06:17 PM

Off the grid - away from civilization- shades pulled ??!!

Well HOW will BANJOnes sign into moparts ?

Smoke signals ? whistling coffee

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by Doc Fiberglass..

I made it 43 years without the internet, I think I'll live. You on the other hand... laugh2

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 07:55 PM

Originally Posted by second 70
Good idea. Why cut retirement short? Everyday you work will be one less day in retirement.
And it's not just how much you earn in retirement, it's how much you plan on spending. I don't plan on any trips to Europe. And I won't have any debt (I don't now).

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 08:49 PM

And it's not just how much you earn in retirement, it's how much you plan on spending. I don't plan on any trips to Europe. And I won't have any debt (I don't now).

No EU trips for lMop ... but how about all those jaunts to Canada and the LEFTY coast to pick up those questionable eBay or CL trucks you fall in love 🥰 with ?

COULD be more expensive than a WORLD CRUISE! tsk popcorn

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 08:50 PM

I made it 43 years without the internet, I think I'll live. You on the other hand... laugh2

I know ... you’ll MISS ME .... whistling grin

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 09:07 PM

He will have to go to the library to communicate with Doc... apimp

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 09:09 PM

He will have to go to the library to communicate with Doc... apimp

...and to THE CORN FIELD with t !

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 09:17 PM

Maybe he can turn corn into licker.... grin

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 09:47 PM

No EU trips for lMop ... but how about all those jaunts to Canada and the LEFTY coast to pick up those questionable eBay or CL trucks you fall in love 🥰 with ?

COULD be more expensive than a WORLD CRUISE! tsk popcorn
Canada has too much rust, and I've found plenty of truckers to haul my Mopars from Cali at reasonable rates. Remember, I don't drool over the overpriced E bodies, and wing cars. I love me some B and C body po-po's from the 70's and the M's from the 80's, and the square body trucks. I even love the F bodies. They leave plenty of moolah for trucking.

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 09:50 PM

Need to find me this "trustworthy partner" laugh

Attached picture be39fef6c81b72a040fbad031f50a0e9.jpg

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 10:00 PM

Need to find me this "trustworthy partner" laugh

Did I ever tell you about the time I was clocked at 142 on the FL turnpike by FHP? Yeah his car would only do 137. Man he was pissed when I got off and he caught up to me. laugh2

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 10:19 PM

Yowza! I'm impressed he hit 137!

What were you driving?

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 10:40 PM

Yowza! I'm impressed he hit 137!

What were you driving?

LOL, a highly modified '71 Riviera.

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 10:57 PM

.... or a bone stock Scat Pack Charger on regular gas !
Posted By: 71TA

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/20/20 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by justinp61

I've worked 10-12 hours a day all my life. Many weeks were 6 days a week. I'm done with that, I'm not the machine I used to be.

Working for people SUCKS! I left my last job designing control systems and programming industrial machines. I had been there 25 years. The more senior I became the harder the jobs were till the point they were impossible but had to be done yesterday. My last "project" I was told to travel to Mexico (DEADLY) and completely reprogram a machine that was designed mechanically wrong. It had to be done in 2 days INCLUDING TRAVEL. I said EFF THAT to the owners. The company hired a contract company that threw 3 guys at it and charged $20,000. 2 weeks later they asked if I could go do it now pretty please. It didn't get finished. Had to be shipped back to Michigan to be rebuilt correctly. LOST $200k I left a few weeks later. Had ENOUGH of that ship after no raise since the great recession, the greedy bastards (but could WASTE $220k?!?!). Ugh. I left the coffee mug on my desk. After 25 years. That felt weird. Working for someone when there were literally 3 of us. The company grew to 50 people but I never "accumulated" anything. Now that I have my own biz, which don't get me wrong is a lot of work but I'm telling you its LESS stress and aggravation than working for someone. But at least now I have 2 industrial building, machines, trailers, hilo, tooling, truck, etc. In 10 years I've accumulated 5X what I made working like an animal, traveling 1/3 of the year, working holidays "or else", working 60-70+ hours, working 2-3 days STRAIGHT many times (but getting paid SALARY) doing the impossible. The TWO guys that replaced me quit recently. Yep I'm smiling. It's getting harder and harder finding VERY technical, mechanically knowledgeable, computer savvy guys to do industrial controls. And the Detroit area is the industrial automation center of the country so the demand is great. When looking at help wanted adds for guys to do this work companies want them to know every industrial computer system, every language, IT, MSEE, 10 years experience, have been published in technical magazines, to make $100k. GOOD LUCK WITH THAT.

Good luck to you and happy for you!!!

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/21/20 01:02 AM

But T&A .... now eVeRyOnE of your customers are your “boss” !
Posted By: Jjs72D

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/21/20 05:20 AM

It’s not desert, elevation varies 6000 to 7000 feet. Winters it snows. Area is about 75 to 100 miles from NM.

Hey man, this whole state is a desert. Burnt dirt, rocks and cacti. The only grass you'll see is not native to the region. If it weren't for family and my Wife, I'd move someplace cooler and greener.

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/22/20 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by Jjs72D

Hey man, this whole state is a desert. Burnt dirt, rocks and cacti. The only grass you'll see is not native to the region. If it weren't for family and my Wife, I'd move someplace cooler and greener.

There is a lot of high country in the east-central and northern portion of Arizona. Pine trees, mountains, cool weather, etc. Humphreys Peak near Flagstaff is over 12,000 feet above sea level.
Posted By: Cab_Burge

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/22/20 06:25 PM

Williams is nice scope work
If you can work and live there work

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/22/20 07:25 PM

I signed a sales contract on my house this morning and emailed my resignation letter to my boss. Feels weird, unchartered waters ahead. I have 60 days to get out.
Posted By: not_a_charger

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/22/20 07:29 PM

Enjoy your retirement, and your new place.
Posted By: OhioMopar

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/22/20 08:49 PM

That's awesome man. I am still young, relatively, in my mid 40's, but I can leave here at 50 if I'm financially able. 55 seems more likely. I don't see 59.5 happening.

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/23/20 12:22 AM

I signed a sales contract on my house this morning and emailed my resignation letter to my boss. Feels weird, unchartered waters ahead. I have 60 days to get out.

Good for you! Congrats! up
Posted By: Mr PotatoHead

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/23/20 12:45 AM

punkrocka

Posted By: RTSrunner

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/23/20 02:36 AM

But T&A .... now eVeRyOnE of your customers are your “boss” !

^This is true,but it does give you the option to or not to work for certain clients.Plus you have the option to "fire" them if they are difficult or in the non-paying arena. I've worked for myself the last 21 years and I'm cleaning up the client list currently.some are great,appreciate what you do,others are there to cry and milk you....time to go wink

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/23/20 11:37 AM

It can take a little time to get your head around your new reality - major life changes tend to work that way. A couple months after the dust settles, your perspective on this whole corona thing is gonna be completely different.

The jerk that fired me could have let it slide even though I admit I earned it. At the end of the morning shift meeting he announced he had given his 2 wk notice, I couldn't help but express my excitement. He gave me some lip so I blurted out the thing I'd been suppressing since the minute he showed up. I spent a few months of my new life fighting the urge to knock on his door and thank him sincerely for being a jerk and not taking it like a man. It was the nudge I needed to pull the trigger.

Re: I think this will be my last day at work - 06/24/20 12:57 PM

Did I ever tell you about the time I was clocked at 142 on the FL turnpike by FHP? Yeah his car would only do 137. Man he was pissed when I got off and he caught up to me. laugh2

Some years back I was out in the sticks near the house coming back from a boneyard. Rollin up on the speed timing marks painted on the street something told me to back it down even though the locals are rarely sitting there. Maybe end of the month, dunno. As I was approaching the speed trap some pyscho bird dive bombed me and bounced off the windshield and scared the hell out of me. I made a quick check to make sure it wasn't bouncing around in the bed because rear slider open then hammered the loud pedal - completely forgetting about the speed trap.

I was probably a mile down the road and only slowing down because of a corn field corner when I saw the local yocal screaming up behind me like Krispy Kreme had just turned their light on. Dove in to a convenient pull off in front of a barn to get outta the way because hadn't put 2 and 2 together yet. If this guy had been any more pissed, he would have pulled his gun. I mean having a full on melt down.

I was driving my LRE and probably had the TQ wide open when I passed him.
© 2024 Moparts Forums