Originally Posted by savoy_63
Originally Posted by Guitar Jones
So tired of everything, not just here at work or in Florida but the entire country. I need to get away for my own sanity.

Guitar, congrats on retirement...

Just curious why you’re tired of Florida and want to leave.? Most of my peers in New York State see Florida as a utopian destination for retirement or to start a new life to escape crushing taxes, a corrupt government, rising crime, neutered police, and of course, lousy weather.

It may indeed be utopia compared to NY! laugh2 But you answered the question for me. Too many people have moved here and they keep coming. When I was young most of Florida was very rural. Now it's just endless subdivisions of houses with zero lot lines, horrible traffic and constant construction because as soon as they have finished a project it's already outdated. There are a few places left but those are quickly being built as well. I don't like it, I prefer a rural life style.

"Follow me the wise man said, but he walked behind"

'92 D250 Club Cab CTD, 47RH conversion, pump tweaks, injectors, rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
'74 W200 Crew Cab 360, NV4500, D44, D60 and NP205 divorced transfer case. Rear disc and hydroboost conversion.
2019 1500 Long Horn Crew Cab 4WD, 5.7 Hemi.