Originally Posted by AndyF
You are super lucky that you and your family are okay. That was a pretty hard hit and people have gotten hurt from a lot less. The only advice I have on what to do is to think about and talk it over with your family. It will take a ton of time and money to fix that car and when it is all back together you might not even want to drive it. I have a friend who has been working on putting his car back together after it got hit and it is really a difficult process. He works at a body shop and he still is having trouble getting the project done. It is just so hard these days to find all the right parts that even the pros have problems putting cars like that back together. If it was my car I'd take the payout and see what the remaining value was. If the insurance company put a low figure on it I'd buy it back for parts and then sell the parts but I don't think I'd have the energy to rebuild it. You might be in a different place and perhaps you want to take on a project. You'll just have to think it over.

True: after waiting god knows the time to fix it; you'll be spending More time looking in the rear view mirror while driving it, then on the road ahead. Kinda like if your house is ever burglarized. You never feel "100% safe" in it again, no matter what. Cash out quick, go shop for another. Seems to be a good time for buyer these days.

Originally Posted by Ramrod39
But just a word of warning. Her insurance company may/will be searching social media and Forum pages so use caution on what you say.
Really????

Shouldn't surprise anyone in this day&age of that occurring