Wow that really sucks. That's one of the reasons it's I don't like driving some of my cars much. There are a lot of moron drivers out there who don't even seem to care about themselves let alone others.

For insurance don't even talk to her company deal with your own. If there's any back and forth with the other drivers company it's their job to deal with it. You should be able to buy it back especially since you've got collector insurance on it.

When I had an accident with my newer truck with normal insurance I had to fight with them to get the chance to buy it back and at the end I didn't bother because the value they put on it was too high. Between that and what $$$$ was left I wouldn't have been able to buy it back and fix it without spending more and it wasn't worth it for parts. They did tell me that they had no problem with me taking the wheels off it as long as I put something back on and when I cleaned it out I took back the trailer brake controller and some other parts that weren't stock that they didn't include in the value. But if you are dealing with an actual collector insurance company they are usually better to deal with and it's a different situation because they are used to handling situations like this.