Originally Posted by NITROUSN
As far as I know a lot of this insurance questions may vary from state to state. In most cases that car should be a total. With the stated value if its high enough they just may want to fix it. Only reason I say this is if the stated value is 50K and the repair estimate is 30K will they want to have it fixed?

Based on what I've seen a couple of my friends go thru recently, even $50K would disappear pretty quickly if you hired a pro shop to fix that car. First you have to find someone who is willing to do that work and then you have to wait at least a year or two for the job to be finished up. If you took that car to a higher end Mopar shop the bill will most likely end up in the six figures by the time they were done with it. A buddy of mine is fixing a RoadRunner that got hit in the front. The damage looked pretty minor but so far to date he has billed the insurance company over $20,000. All of the front sheetmetal had to be replaced as well as the grille and bumper and core support and radiator. He also had to replace some of the front suspension, K frame, some engine parts, etc.