I try to support my local NAPA as much as possible. I don't want to have to drive 75 miles to get a fan belt. That having been said, I sat down with Rockauto and NAPAOnline one night and just compared prices for the exact same material for a typical overhaul for an RB, rings/bearings/gaskets/oil pump/timing chain. NAPA was anywhere from 50% to 100% higher than Rockauto. The only thing close was the gasket set and that was 20% higher. The owner, who is no dummy, and I talked about this and he expressed his fear that NAPA is going to turn into nothing but an outlet for lubricants and car care products. I gave him the list I had worked up, he submitted it to the district office, and the response (which took three months to arrive) was basically that the higher NAPA pricing was due to the "increased value that a NAPA customer receives". I can't believe that corporate NAPA is this clueless but I can come to no other conclusion. shruggy

"We live in a time when intelligent people are being silenced so that stupid people won't be offended".