I've only got two locally; BC's own "Lordco" and a small NAPA.

Both places have experienced, knowledgeable counter-staff. I can't fault either place. They do have some less experienced staff there, but most days you can avoid them.
The problem I have is that their pricing schemes are getting ridiculous. They aren't making any steps to try to combat online places like RockAuto.

Several examples:

1974 AMC Hornet front brake drum: Lordco: $300, NAPA: unavailable, RockAuto: $92 + $18 shipping.

Remanufactured engine for a 2004 Hyundai Tiburon: Lordco: (sourced from ATK) $7200, NAPA: unavailable as they only dealt with Jasper engines, Direct from ATK with shipping: $3600.

I understand capitalism. I understand stores need to make profit. But when your profit margins are 200%, 300%.... you're almost FORCING folks to seek out alternative methods. I had a hard time when I worked at Kal-Tire 10 years ago. During training, their videos explained a MINIMUM 450% markup. They actually made us sign non-disclosure forms. It made it very difficult for me, to tell friends and people that I've known all my life (small town, remember?) that winter tires for their 1987 Ford pickup was going to be $2,200.

Just recently, I'm doing a Holley rebuild for a friend. The Kit at Lordco was $55. Online, they start at about $35 plus shipping. In this case, I bought from Lordco as they had it on the shelf. It saved me time for sure, and didn't cost a whole lot more versus buying online! Makes sense.

Last edited by RamblerMan; 03/10/20 05:07 PM.

Bloody Mary, Full of Vodka, Blessed art thou among cocktails....