Originally Posted by pittsburghracer
... you are an idiot if you walk into your local store to place an order when you can go online, find the parts you need, (probably the right ones) place the order, and go pick it up ten minutes later getting the 30 percent discount, speed points discount for your next order, and almost zero wait time. In and out works for me.

I'm the idiot that signed up on-line to order parts and get discounts etc. I'm the idiot that got looked at like an idiot when I went into the store to pick up my order the following day (not in stock/shiop to store) and gave them the paperwork with code supplied for the discount that was offered. They told me that they don't give the discounts when parts are ordered online and I'd have to ask NAPA for a rebate. The offer was clear, 30% discount when ordered online and paid for at store. The part guy and owner were looking at me with vacant faces as I left without close to $500 in brake parts sitting on their counter. Brakes got done the following weekend when my parts were delivered in an amazon box (at a better price) two days later.
I live in a rural area, try to shop locally first and am pushed to other areas or on-line by inavailibity of local stores to provide quality products at a fair price. Typically name brands (parts, clothing, footwear, electronics) are rarely in stock , need to be ordered and when rarely on hand charged full-tilt.