AutoZone, O'Reilly and NAPA all within sight distance of each other. Wish there was an independent store with guys that knew how to use a parts book. I have had issues at each with the corporate approach to stocking parts. What works in big cities and metro areas surely does not work in rural areas. The most common issue is in this area many people drive and work on older vehicles. Most common reply to part requests it will be here on Tuesday. Fuzzy dice, wax, additives of all sorts, steering wheel covers, sensors and relays of all sorts are stocked.
My most recent dealing at the NAPA store went thus: I asked for a basic battery for a lawn tractor "cheaper the better". They had only 1, for $147, I balked and asked for a cheaper one, he said he didn't have any others, I started to leave he said wait I may have another one, $117 after looking at the computer. I said something did not seem right as I looked on line and web said you had a "xyz" , can't recall number) on hand he looked at me puzzled and I started to leave the kid at the far end of counter had been listening in and said "wait, we have that one it's $79", The first guys glare at the kid could have raised smoke of the side of the kids head, I paid the kid and thanked him, walked past the other guy with what I came in to get.
These local stores do not give case discounts, look at me as though I were talking a foreign language if I ask if there is a "racers net" price for specialty speed parts.
Te worse thing is most of the older guys know the old days, the kids don't have a clue and think they are doing a great service by installing wiper blades. Then there is the whole issue of poor tolerance bearings and re-man parts that is spelling the demise of flaps's