Originally Posted by Sammy
Originally Posted by lewtot184
the problems that the OP originally layed out are exactly problems I have experienced with filter drain back. the oil will drain out of the filter to the bottom of the threaded connection. that doesn't mean there "couldn't" be an air leak, but I seriously doubt that pressure would pick back up/normalize by mechanical priming if the system wasn't air tight. I've built milodon swinging pick-up engine combo's without issue, BUT the joint where the pick-up swings can leak air if not always covered in oil and that's why my preference is a static pick-up.

Just to mention, I do run a Moroso 3 quart accumulator. Even after turning it on and getting 24 psi out, the pump still won't prime.

Now that is a weird problem. I've had problems with dual line Milodon systems before but I've never had one that wouldn't prime once the accumulator was turned on. In fact, the best band aid for the Milodon non-prime problem has always been to use an accumulator. I'm thinking that you're going to have to take the system all apart and inspect it closely. You must have something more out of whack than the typical Milodon system.