Originally Posted by fbs63
Sorry to hear of your family issues. When does it start to float? How high are you wanting to spin it? Maybe the lobes are too aggressive?

It starts around 5400 and just gets worse. Funny thing is it didn't do it on the first couple pulls. Almost like the lifters pumped up. I really think it is still a lifter preload issue. It is so hard to get a really accurate measurement with the way these engines are setup. It sucks adjustable rockers cost so much. The cam is pretty aggressive so it is not helping. With 5 hits and none of them really hard hits all under 6500 it has already scuffed the lash caps pretty bad so it is not happy. The good thing is with the fitting in the valve cover I am getting hardly nothing in the breather tank. The geometry is really not the best after looking at the lash caps the pattern is from bottom to top of the cap. The rocker is srubbing the entire lash cap. The rocker shaft seems like it needs to be shimmed up from the pedestal and it would be better. I would like to turn it 7200-7400. I am not sure how the T&D stuff installs but it would be nice if you could shim the shafts with the T&D setup.