Originally Posted by antonellomopar
I live in Italy...schools are closed, people are requested to stay home and work from home, restaurants and cinemas closed, no sports, no outside activities...no museums and churches, no funerals. Shopping centers closed on week ends. I live near the center of the epidemy, about 30 miles, but in my town just 3 persons affected. there are about 100 deaths a day, with 1000 new persons affected. Most of the deaths are old persons with serious deseases, not connected with the virus. I was planning to be in the US for the Spring Fling, but it would be crazy for me to leave now.
Trouble is that while the virus was confined in northern Italy, some idiots decided to reach the south Italy, so now whole Italy is infected.
To tell the truth, there are so many cases reported because our health service is making thousands and thousands of tests, so its obvious that there are many positives. In most other countries, US, Germany, France and so on, there are very few tests done, so positives are few. Many deaths have been attributed to pneumonia, while Corona was probably the culprit.
Things are not easy for us, but we will survive this problem.

People here think this cant and wont happen in the good old USA so they are going about their business. Unfortunately tough love may be coming soon unless we can delay until warmer months.