Originally Posted by Moparrob68
Just wanted to chime in with a few more lessons I learned the hard way about building a BME/World aluminum Hemi.I had a coolant leak into the valley apparently because the sleeves can "settle" in the block. While removing the lifters to retorque the valley studs I found several worn rollers.The original build a few years ago used the Barton
"Ultimate" flat tappet cam and tool steel lifters.After proper break-in with single springs and BR oil the Hemi ran great for about 2 months then flattened half the lobes.
Hemi build #2 I used a Bullet custom roller cam and Crower Enduramax pressure fed bushed roller lifters with Manton pushrods and Stage V rockers hoping my valve train problems would be a thing of the past.The 3940LB Coronet ran great, 9.85@138mph on pump gas for 1 1/2 summers until I found the worn lifters.Long story short, while Thought I had purchased the must durable lifters I could get, on further inspection I found that because these lifters are semi solid body and use a feed hole that is 90* from the roller oil feed rather than an oil band. Measuring from cam lobe to the 0.030 oil hole in the lifter bore bushing I found that it never lines up with the hole in the lifter so the roller bushings were running dry. I contacted Crower to see if an oil slot could be machined in the lifter and they said there isn't enough room. Sso now I have to spend another $1K on a custom LS tall body 0.903 needle bearing lifters with machined oil groove and have my pushrods shortened 0.250. Crower said roller bushings require at least 0.060 oil feed and that full synthetic oil allows the roller to skid instead of roll. They recommend a 50/50 blend. So on to Hemi build #3. Hope this long winded story helps someone.

Why can't you open the oil hole in the bushing and groove the bushing from that hole up/down that would intersect the bushing? I've run synthetic with Isky Red Zone bushed for nearly 5 years over 400 pases. 310/805 pressure. still going.
Doug