Please allow me to ask a question that is related to the OP's question:
I am planning a stroker motor build, and I trust the builder, so their recommendations will get the most weight.
I'm going to be using one of the new BME aluminum blocks, at the as delivered bore of 4.5 and although they can use a 4.5 stroke crankshaft without clearancing, because I am only looking for 6XX/7XX HP and torque output, and because I am insisting that it be fed by a 3x2 induction, which will start out using my 3 Promax modded factory 6bbl Holley carbs and either the factory Edelbrock/Chrysler aluminum 6bbl intake OR the Weiand P3690982 6bbl intake, I think going with a 4.25 stroke for a 541 cu in displacement will be the best combo, using Trick Flow 270s and having the intake I use ported to Max Wedge ports to match the heads.
Because of my modest power goals, and the power inherent in the displacement and flow of the heads, I don't think the cam has to be too "radical" so it's possible that I may go solid flat tappet. Although I really like hydraulic roller lifters, Jim Laroy's stance on those gives me pause for concern. He basically wouldn't use hydraulic roller lifters in anything.
So my question is if I wanted to use solid roller lifters with what I expect to be a moderate cam, what solid lifters would require the least maintenance or need to be rebuilt? Is there such a solid roller lifter? Or is the only way to avoid maintenance of the lifters themselves to use hydraulic rollers? I know with solid flat tappet OR solid roller lifters I'd have to check lash, but I really don't want to have to pull lifters and send them off for service periodically.