the original radiator that was in my charger held coolant and cooled several different engine combos over the years.
when i got the car in 1970, it was hit HARD in the rear, which caused the fan to "dance" a bit on the core.
it was repaired by a local shop during the time the car was being repaired, and although the "fan dance" marks are still on the core, plus a couple of the core tubes were repaired by pinching them off, that repair has lasted until i removed it a couple of months ago. it's only a 22", with the side rails for a shroud, however, the shroud was removed years and years ago and lost.
it now looks like old age has caught up with it, as the core looks like it they do when they are ready to start leaking.

i won't be re-coring this unit, although the tanks and side rails are almost perfect. instead, i am using a very large, cross flow aluminum radiator [28"x3 1/2" thick with two, 1 1/2" tubes] coupled with a dual electric fan unit from a 2014 charger 6.4 hemi.
of course modifications will be [and have already been] done, but i will never restore this car. it is only a rebuilt "total".
the point is, this aluminum radiator is right for this application [in my opinion], plus it was way cheaper than a restored original.
each type have their place, and both will work perfectly.
it just depends on the application.
beer