I look at all of these "idiot" lights and features a lot differently now. They are not for me as they are not for most of you because as noted you guys check your tires, know how to drive in snow without real snow tires, look at your temperature gauge and check your oil level too, You make sure you look at the gas gauge every time you get in to go somewhere so you have enough gas and not wait for the chime to let you know to get gas or worse run out. For me all of those warning devices are for the tens of thousands of "Idiots" that are out there that NEVER do that and are coming the other direction just waiting to lose control and cause an accident and KILL me or a family member or friend! The more devices that will annoy some IDIOT into at least complaining about some warning and hopefully take action the better off we ALL are. Backup cameras and passive braking that keeps someone from stupidly running over a child playing in the driveway behind a car (could be your child playing in a neighbor's driveway with their playmate) are well worth the price over a child's life. Tires that are properly inflated that help to keep the IDIOTS vehicle under control to the best of that vehicle's ability is more than worth the price of the components when that IDIOT swerves to avoid a truck on a short merge ramp. One of the bad things that happened back in '78 (?) was when Goodyear came out with All Season tires. Before that you either learned how to drive in snow or you put on snow tires and got around better and safer, and safer for everyone! Now the standard A/S tires do noting to the best of a tires ability, They are not the best in the dry, wet or snow, they are just "good enough" for "most" conditions. (They should make NASCAR run ALL SEASON RADIALS just like production cars for the thrill of it.) The more they make vehicles IDIOT proof, which is totally impossible the better chance we (might) have of those IDIOTS not injuring or killing someone else.......because we don't need no stinking tire pressure monitors, brake system failure warning lights, oil pressure warning light, three point seat belts, air bags, etc. because we're not IDIOTS like the few out there that share the road with us, our families and friends. We're in total control. Thank God.

And I'm sure that more than one of us has pointed out a low tire pressure and even to someone that we didn't know........just because we thought it may cause them a problem or it looked unsafe......or maybe that was just me? (I don't think it was just me wink

Mike