Sorry, this is a non Mopar, but back in 1979, i was introduced by a mutual friend to Jerry Hansen, then owner of Brainerd International Raceway. (and got to meet his little blonde 5 year old by the name of Courtney) I ended up buying his 67 GTO convert that he had received in lieu of a debt that he was owed. The car had a 400, 4 speed, cam, dual AFB's, and headers, and custom paint with pinstriped flames. It also had angel fur on the dash, side pipe exhaust, big meats on keystones that hung out way past the wheel wells, and some other goofy stuff. I did some work on it, de-uglified it, and turned it into mostly a pretty nice driver.
After about a year, I made a deal to buy another car that I wanted really bad, but it needed restoration, and would have to go into my 1 car garage. I really loved the GTO but living in the crime infested city at the time, I didn't want to leave it sitting outside. So I put it up for sale. I had paid Jerry $1200 for it, and after doing the work, I asked $1800 for it. No one wanted it, and it took over a month to find a buyer. He was a very nice young man who had just moved to the city from the reservation. And he could only buy it if I would take payments, which I agreed to do as long as I kept the car and the title until it was fully paid for. After a month or 2, he got it paid off. When he came to get it, he said he worked at a shingle factory, and if I ever needed any shingles, just ask and I could have a the seconds I wanted for free.

So a few weeks later, I decided I'd reroof my house and tried phoning him for the free shingles, but the # was disconnected. So I drove to his address at an apartment building. There was the GTO in the parking lot, all bashed to hell! Both front corners were smashed, both rear quarters were caved in like he fishtailed into poles or something, the doors were all smashed, windshield broke. Obviously, he had just taken out out and gone wild. mad I was sick about it and way to angry to go knock on his door, even tho it meant no free shingles.
To this day, I sorely regret selling that car, and wish I still had it.

67 goat.jpggto 2.jpg
Last edited by Hemi_Joel; 01/26/20 02:15 AM.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/boeexFms.jpg[/img]
31 Plymouth Coupe, 392 Hemi, T56 magnum
RS23J71
RS27J77
RP23J71
RO23J71
WM21J8A
I don't regret the things I've done. I only regret the things I didn't do.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. ~ Plato"