I'll be the odd man out (again)............

Out of all the cars I've owned, the two I wish I could get back are the '93 Caravan I had not too long ago and the '77 Gran Fury cop car I had back in HS.

I know, I know mini vans are so uncool, but I enjoyed bopping around in mine. This was when they actually looked like a 'mini' van and not just a bubble on wheels. It's always bugged me that I kinda gave up on it when the engine starting giving serious problems. When I had it, it still needed to get smogged to pass inspection and every year that was a fight. Tired of that fight, and it still being almost 5 yrs from no longer needing a smog check, I used it as a trade in for my wife's car (now EX wife). Hind sight being 20/20 and all that, I should have fixed the engine or bought a reman and popped it in. I DID have a chance to get it back as the new owner never registered it in their name and it got towed, the impound yard called me. I was hoping it wouldn't be much worse than when I traded it in, but no such luck. It had been absolutely trashed. It made me sick to my stomach. Then to add insult to injury several months after that, I came across it in a junkyard, picked clean of what few usable parts it had. There are a LOT of junkyards in Houston, what are the chances of me going to the ONE that had my old van? frowwn

With the Gran Fury, no real attachment like my van, but I had it at a time I was just starting to wrench on cars and that was it's downfall. I wish I would have been able to fix it correctly, but instead, I did something wrong trying to sort out the rats nest of a wiring harness left behind from the equipment being ripped out, and the car burned. The fire was limited to the dash, but it was enough for me to pull the drivetrain and junk the rest. None of the cop cars of that body style that I've seen since have been equipped like mine was, especially suspension wise.

John

The dream is dead, long live the dream.......😥