Originally Posted by Satilite73

I'll be the odd man out (again)............

I'll give ya a little help.

A couple decades back I dragged an Imperial out of a boneyard just for the disk brake rear end. Typical estate car that got thrashed, run way low on oil and slid along guard rails. I always dug the fuselage C bodies anyway but this one sucked me in. Long story short I met a guy that was new to old cars, eventually owned a few big barges and moved on to something else. Still friends with him today. A little while after I gutted and crushed the boneyard find he shows up at my house with his 1st one - a 75 Imperial with all the bells and whistles. He made the rookie mistakes of buying it on emotion, doubled his bad investment with having a dealership work on it and had hit the wall. He tossed me the keys and the title and abandoned it in my driveway without even asking me if I wanted it. I later taught him how to turn wrenches on his next couple of finds including a really nice 76 NYer couple.

I had (2) problems with the car he gave me. It was triple white and I've always hated white cars. White is for refrigerators and washing machines. The other thing is it was a 4 door and I've always been more of a 2 door guy. I fixed a few of the problems it still had and spent at least a year trying to sell the thing. I also considered painting it black with a black vinyl top and limo tint windows because that would have been cool [to me]. Job stress, driveway space and not gonna get to it anytime soon led me to slicing it up. The 440 will be going in my Ramcharger soon. I did spend enough time driving his other Imperial that I often wished I had kept this one but apparently not enough to go find another one.

MVC-760F.JPGMVC-759F.JPG