I've seen reports in recent times of record numbers of tourists to Chicago. Myself, I live in the nearby suburbs and at this point in my life have no desire to venture across the city border. If the car jackers and smash and grab phone stealers don't get you, the city will, with red light cameras and speed cameras all over. And big sales taxes on restaurants. I can live without! Not sure why anyone would want to vacation here....
I could really use a car trailer, but don't have any room to park it on my property, and given our stagnant or falling house values here, along with every rising property taxes, I will not be "investing" in a larger place in this state. So they won't be getting any big trailer plate fees from me at least.
I am trying to figure out how to move from this dying state, but don't worry about me dragging this states garbage politics with me to my new home. I'm proud that I can honestly say that in several elections in recent times, not a single candidate I voted for won! penguin