So mid April I slam the car down.... headers hurt, oil pan slightly, front quarters hit doors, k member bent, shocks.... and we’re pre entered for MaTS in May. I’m crushed..... never hurt any car this bad, but I had a plan.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Out with the W8 mill, my dad made a turn around trip from Phoenix where Mike at Comp Chassis deemed it easier to make a new K that fix the old. The car then went to Vegas where Al’s (Alguire) son Steven was ready for the task of straightening the car. As soon as he was finished I went to the shed and drug out “Bracket Betty”.... our iron headed 360 that was built sometime in the 90’s and freshened once that we could recollect. My dad ran it prior to our W5 build, and I ran it a little before the W8 was done 5yrs ago. We made MaTS and while we went out R1 of the 10k race (thanks Al... think he only had to sit at the line for 6.5 seconds laugh2 ) We got bridesmaid in the Pro Class.... bracket Betty does what she does.

[Linked Image]

It got hot, I needed to spend $$ on the car so it sat until November where we decided to run in Vegas at the Street Car Supernationals. While testing went great, the driver TOTALLY let the car down. Was running two classes.... one utilizing a pro light. I highly recommend NOT forgetting that important detail. If you do, it won’t go well. Trust me. 1st round of no E we won, but 2nd round somebody doesn’t know how to judge the stripe well in a slower car. That was the end of 19.

Car is in the trailer and we’re Phoenix bound next weekend for a 2 day points race. I’ve never done an “ET Finals” so we might give that a whirl this year. Good luck everyone!

Jay

*bittersweet note: Early in 19 Billy and I were having some fun banter about running the small tire event at MaTS. Life changed fast on that deal.