Decided to run the points for the Great Lakes Stock S/S assoc. Started off the year with a pinhole leak in an intake port. After testing at Mid Michigan we towed to Columbus for the Chrysler Classic. Motor was hydro locked #6 cylinder, tow home without ever starting the engine.. Pulled the heads that piston/rod assy to check. Got it repaired on a Friday went to Mid Mi for the GLSSA race #1. Got the win there on Saturday. Took .005 to much stripe on Sunday at race #2. Milan the following weekend. Dumped in 7th rd and let him by me. Went to 131 for GLSSA #3. Ripped a tube Friday night during testing. Had to leave the car outside. Huge storm, trunk has 6" water. Found a tire store early Saturday morning. Had tubes removed and replaced with stems. Water in the rockers fro the rain. On pass #1 Saturday, right had turn off the line. Run #2 qualify #2. Win rd #1, then rained out. On to Monster Mopar. Friday -.007 rd1, Saturday dead late Rd3, Sunday rd3 the weld on the throttle pedal breaks on the line (stock pedal). 2 weeks later back to Norwalk for NMCA. They're are paying $600 to qualify #1. Two out of 3 qualifiers we run 9.251 on 9.25 index and take the $600. Rd #1 My opponent who I took out twice at Monster Mopar with a .001 stripe, and a dead on 9.250 is gunning for me. He goes .004 r/t dead on with a .005. Back to Milan for Mopar event. Make it to Rd #3 .015 under. Make the tow to Mopar Southern Classic, 7 hrs.Truck loses 5th gear an hour into the trip. We run it in 4th. Saturday I roll the lights in the Semi's. Not enough on the foot brake which I've never done. Sunday we win the event. Noise in the engine area noticed in the winner circle. The truck loses about 15 psi boost on the way home. Limp back. Back home I find 3 flex plate mounting holes ripped out. One boss ripped right off the converter. My friend Paul welds the boss back on and makes a fixture to true up the converter. Good because the last GLSSA race is the following weekend. Milan for race #4. It rains out on the way to the track, reschedule for 2 weeks later. Make it to the 4th rd, .012 under. Enough rds to win the championship. The truck is repaired. Trans will be checked. It needs a spacer between the block and trans to prevent future flex plate failure. Then we're ready to start 2020. Hopefully way more than the 88 passes we made this year.
Doug

64682706_10219166444662150_7332143394912731136_n.jpg8506.jpeg8508.jpeg
Last edited by dvw; 01/13/20 08:33 PM. Reason: reword