Interesting year.... After doing some “testing” at the Hangover Nats in Tucson (26.68 baro) we had run a new best in the 1/8th.

On to 19..... For some “fun” I decided to enter a heads up N/A 10.5 class at Irwindale CA. Now mind you I have NO business running such a class, but we’d never run Irwindale and it would give us some hits on a good track in better air. Friday late afternoon the car didn’t even move when I released the trans brake.... seemed to be a common prob so we loosened the front two clicks and made hit #2. Released brake and the car launched like a rocket.... unfortunately rockets go up. I glanced over and checked that the wall wasn’t getting closer. Who knows how long the shift light had been on, but we pulled 2nd..... and then 3rd where we finally came down and before you know it, hey the finish line already! (Racepak later revealed a 9500 1-2 shift). Irwindale is narrow, lucky I still have a race car. But ran a new best of 5.79!! Common sense would have been to put the car away.
The next day we tightened up the front, and loosened the rear... blew the tires off it. Last pass we tightened the rear back up...... and I payed dearly for a photo op. BTW..... baro at Irwindale was 29.98.... air is good!

[Linked Image]