I never had an Indy block, but from what everyone says, it has a number of issues and even when fixed up, is not in KB's league. I wonder if the Wheatcraft crew will address this problem???

If they can get water blocks in the pipeline and get them to be reliable around the 1500 to 2000hp range, that would definitely be an alternative. Companies like CN already support above that power level with a variety of HEMI blocks, so the really high end market is covered. I know it's alot to ask since it would require design changes, but that would fill the hole between the existing Indy offering and a really good block that has no water.

As for an iron deal, I can't believe there isn't a market for something that can take a beating well above an aluminum capped and filled stock piece. I split one of them in the early 90s with Indy 440-1 heads and a moderate shot of nitrous. Granted, 1000+ is asking plenty from 50+ year old assembly line castings. Hell even Pontiac and Oldsmoblie have options and I know for a fact the Pontiac alternative is stout, as a couple friends have small tire 1/8 mile cars over 3000# that run pretty hard, including one that's been 4.90s with a plate system without block issues. Plus, they get em' in short order and for a decent price.